- Born in Fort Worth, TX
- Grew up in Fort Worth, TX & Monterrey, Mexico
- Full time Academic Advisor at a local college
- Has two nephews and two dogs
- Loves to do Arts & Crafts
- Associate of Applied Science in Sign Language Interpreting, Tarrant County College 2006
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology, Dallas Baptist University, 2008
- Master of Science in Rehabilitation Counseling, University of North Texas, 2014
- Additional Graduate Studies, B.H. Carroll Theological Institute, 2014-2015
- Member of Iglesia Bautista Nueva Betel, 2001-Present
- Youth ministry
- Deaf ministry
- Ropes Course Facilitator at Falls Creek Youth Camp
I grew up in the church but when I was in the fourth grade, my paternal grandfather passed away. My dad had a really hard time with his passing and we stopped going to church. A close family friend was consistent in inviting us back to church and for my 14th birthday they bought me tickets to a Christian concert. I had struggled with my self-esteem and self-worth, but at the concert I saw people who were perfectly content in the joy and peace found in Christ. That night I accepted Christ as my personal Lord and Savior. He never promised it would be an easy walk, but He promised He would never leave us. He has shown that to be true in my life over and over again.
As an intern, Paula still has broad areas of interest. However, she has experience with the Deaf community, including serving as an interpreter between deaf clients and counselors as well as disability related issues and career counseling with youth and young adults.