- Member of First Baptist Church Burleson
- Loves being outdoors, running and spending time with family
- Mother of two girls, ages 17 and 10
- Bachelor of Science, Biology and Chemistry, University of Mary Hardin Baylor
- Master of Arts, Christian Counseling, Dallas Baptist University
- Currently working on a PhD in psychology and counseling at B.H. Carroll Theological Institute.
- Counselor at Promises Community Ministries since 2009
- Graduate Practicum work at Safe Haven of Tarrant County
I believe that God ultimately provides healing and restoration in our lives. My favorite Bible Verse is Deuteronomy 31:6. In this verse, God declares that He will never leave us or forsake us. Sometimes difficulties in life cause a bit of a spiritual disorientation. It can be hard to see, feel or experience the nearness of God, but God is patient with us in our desperate times. In counseling, it is my goal and honor to sit with those who are hurting and help them find hope.
Lori enjoys working with all age groups. She offers help to those dealing with depression, anxiety, trauma, grief and loss, divorce recovery, sexual abuse and stress. She uses an integration of client-centered therapy, cognitive-behavior therapy and behavior modification based on the needs and strengths of the individual client. She is EMDR level 1 and level 2 trained from the EMDR institute. EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) is a mode of therapy that can be very effective in reprocessing and desensitizing traumatic experiences.