- Raised in East Tennessee
- Love to be outdoors and spend time with my family
- Father to three children (including one set of twins)
- Member of First Baptist Burleson
- Bachelor of Science in Human Ecology, Major – Family Studies, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, 1997
- Graduate Studies in Child and Family Studies, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, 1997-99
- Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Counseling, Southwestern Seminary, 2002
- Master of Arts in Christian Education, Southwestern Seminary, 2002
- 15+ years counseling in public and private secondary schools
- Adjunct faculty member for Hill College
- Lay leader in churches working with children, singles, and young adults
- Currently serving as a counselor for Burleson High School in Burleson, Texas
I believe God is at work in the lives of His people. He has been shaping and molding me since I accepted Christ at the age of 8 years old. He made me into a usable vessel so that His glory may be seen in those I work with and minister to on a daily basis. Since following God’s lead in college and seminary 15 years ago, I have had the privilege of working with children, teenagers, college students and young adults in churches, schools and counseling centers. It is my desire to continue to serve God through the ministry of discipleship and counseling by encouraging, equipping and enhancing the lives of those I meet. Guided by the principles found in Scripture, I am convinced that we can learn from any and all circumstances as we align ourselves with God and live victoriously with our Lord Jesus Christ.
Individual, teen, couple and family counseling services are available to address and help implement change in the areas of relationship issues, to facilitate growth in handling anger, anxiety, depression and other personal and interpersonal issues. David is also trained to offer pre-marital counseling for couples.